Makila is a non-profit solidarity cooperative based in Montreal, Canada. Its members draw on a diversity of skills, backgrounds, and interests. We offer our co-op members:
- Full access to our collaborative incubation sessions, mentorships and workshops
- Contribution in video equipment and other resources for project development
- Preferential rates hiring fellow members and services
- Production and development budgets, contracts and administrative services
- Distribution representation at markets and festivals
- Shared digital tools and hosting
- Whatever else we decide together
To apply to become a co-op member, write us a short message:
As a solidarity co-op, Makila also has support members. These are members that strengthen Makila’s mandate by hiring our members or providing our members with preferential rates. To our support members, we offer:
- Exclusive or priority access to our events and projects.
- Ideation and concept development services for linear, interactive, transmedia and gaming media
- Production of films, documentaries, fiction or experimental, and institutional vidéo for multiple platforms.
- Pitching and crowdfunding coaching of arts and media projects.
- Adapted trainings, mentorships and workshops on media making.
- Streaming and video captation for live events.
To request more information about becoming a Support member, write us:
Through our projects, events and member base, we provide the following services to non-member users:
- Participation in a limited range of our project enhancing events.
- Opportunities to connect and meet with partners and potential collaborators.
- An online hub to find, track and support passionate media makers and their unfinished projects.
- A collection of relevant and uncompromising creator-driven films and media experiences for a fair price.
- Trainings, mentorships and workshops opportunities on all aspects of media making.
To join us as a User member: