Call for applicants- General Coordinator !
MAKILA Coop is looking for a General Coordinator! We are a Montreal-based cooperative founded by and for audiovisual and digital media creators. We promote solidarity, mutual aid, resourcefulness, multiculturalism and diversity, social commitment and the retention of rights to works by artists.
MAKILA coop is looking for a General Coordinator !
We are a Montreal-based cooperative founded by and for audiovisual and digital media creators. We promote solidarity, mutual aid, resourcefulness, multiculturalism and diversity, social commitment and the retention of rights to works by artists.
Deadline to apply: June 30, 2022.
Start date: as soon as possible in July
This is a multi-tasking position, 2-3 days a week, paid at $18/hr (or more depending on experience), combining service to members, organization of activities, administrative follow-up and support to the Board of Directors.
- Very good oral and written English/French bilingualism (third language an asset given the multicultural membership of the coop)
- University education in one of the following fields (or other if the candidate can justify it): arts, culture, communication, cultural management.
- Experience in preparing grant applications (for artists, organizations or sponsors)
- Good knowledge of Excel and basic accounting (understanding budget and expense reports)
- Basic graphic and web skills (NB there is no graphic design to do, only use provided graphics and update a website)
- Have a good general culture (film culture an asset)
- Share the values of the coop
- Love art and artists
The person in charge of the coordination of the coop answers directly to the board of directors. Supported by the members of the board of directors and by the coop's committees, the coordinator performs the following tasks
- respond to members' requests and external inquiries
- ensure that deadlines are respected and that activities run smoothly
- follow up on the revenues and expenses of the coop according to an established budget and maintain an up-to-date expense report
- attend monthly meetings of the board of directors
- update the makila.tv web platform
- Develop the organization's grant applications in collaboration with the Board of Directors
- Contribute to the development of the coop and its financial sustainability, notably by facilitating the integration of new members, by stimulating partnerships and by developing financing strategies
- developing and distributing calls for projects, developing press releases
- Supporting member committees
- promoting the values and activities of the Co-op
Please send your applications by June 30th to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Makila thanks the Canada Media Fund and the Conseil des arts de Montréal for their support.